Landscape architects are licensed to practice in 47 states, including Colorado, and must pass a rigorous exam. License information can be found at www.colorado.gov/DORA. Members of the American Society of Landscape Architect (ASLA) have met the membership requirements and keep up with the latest technology and trends through ASLA publications and continuing education programs. Altitude Land Consultants has three licensed LA’s and two intern LA’s who are ready and able to help you with your landscape design.
Here are some tips to help you through the landscape design process:
- Think about what you want and how you will use your landscape. Don’t limit yourself to plants and trees…maybe you’d like a fence, fountain, deck, patio, fire pit, outdoor kitchen or pool. LA’s design with all of these elements in their palette. We can provide you with our residential checklist to make sure you’ve thought of everything!
- Look at books and magazines for ideas and start a file or Pinterest board to share with us. This will help you communicate what you want to achieve.
- Ask about maintenance. Be honest in how much time you want to spend up keeping your yard. This helps guide our choices and our design.
- Once you’ve completed our checklist, we will arrange a time for a site visit, where we will walk around your home, talk about your needs, budget, take photographs and ask questions.
- Finally, we will provide you with a written proposal that outlines our scope of work and our fees. Once our design and plans are completed, we can suggest capable landscape contractors to bid the plans and complete your project.